GameSparks: Sending Real Time Packets with the "Reliable" attribute could be unreliable?

I'm using Realtime services in my game, a puzzle game. As I don't need high RT performance, I'm sending my packets with the RELIABLE option, which means the packets arrive to their target for sure, and they arrive in order.

But I detected a strange behaviour in the game so I put some code to print in the console the packets as I received them, and it turned out the packets where arriving unordered and I think I  know why.

In my RT cloud code (server code) I capture some packets (player input packets) and sometimes I send a "normal" request like this one:

 var eventRequest = RTSession.newRequest().createLogEventRequest();
 eventRequest.setEventKey ("WHATEVER_REQUEST_ID");
 eventRequest.setPlayerId (senderId);
    eventRequest.setMatchIdentifier (currentMatchId);
    eventRequest.send(function(response)
    {
.... etc

But there are other packets (Block placed packet) that aren't captured by the server. These newer packets arrive before some older player input packets.

Removing the request ...send code fixes the problem, so... it's not that RELIABLE sometimes...

... and this is what I've found googling "unreliable gif"


Comentarios

Entradas populares